Toyota Kirloskar Motor launches India’s First Locally Manufactured Hybrid Car – All New Camry Hybrid
Marks an important milestone in the history of Indian Automobile Industry
- All New Camry Hybrid is the first ever locally manufactured hybrid in India
- Globally the 9th country to manufacture Toyota hybrid
- Pioneers in hybrid technology, Toyota has sold more than 5 million hybrid vehicles all over the globe
- Newly developed Hybrid exclusive engine 2.5L beltless petrol engine combined with an electric motor
- Total system power of 205 PS
- Electronically Controlled Continuous Variable Transmission (E-CVT)
- Best in segment mileage of 19.16 kmpl
- Low CO2 emission – 122.8 gm per km
- Priced at 29,75,000/- (ex showroom Delhi)
- Booking and deliveries start today
August 28, 2013, Delhi: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today launched India’s first ever locally manufactured hybrid – The All New Camry Hybrid. The vehicle will be manufactured at a separate assembly line within TKM’s second plant located in Bidadi, near Bangalore, in Karnataka. Globally India is the 9th country to manufacture Toyota hybrid vehicles.
The petrol Camry, the legendary cornerstone of Toyota brand, was first introduced in 2002, in India. In 2012, TKM began locally manufacturing the petrol Camry. Like its petrol counterpart, the New Camry hybrid is based on the 7th generation of the Camry.
Aptly named Hybrid which means ‘fusion’, the Camry hybrid combines a newly developed hybrid exclusive 2.5L Beltless petrol engine with an electric motor. The vehicle runs on Hybrid Synergy Drive, which intelligently senses when to switch between the two power sources – petrol engine and electric motor. It controls the engine and motor output for optimum fuel efficiency. The battery supplies electricity to the motor, enhancing the driving power. The engine and motor together give an impressive total system power output of 205 PS.
In addition to powering the vehicle, the motor is activated as a generator to convert the moving vehicle’s kinetic energy into electricity. The generated electricity charges the battery. This process, usually happens at the time of decelerating and braking and is called regenerative braking.
The vehicle gives an exceptional mileage of 19.16 kmpl*, the best in its segment. A testimony to its hybrid technology the car produces just 122.8 gm of CO2 emissions per km of driving, which is far lesser than the conventional vehicles of similar engine size. The Camry Hybrid comes with an Electronically Controlled Continuous Variable Transmission (E-CVT), which provides enhanced driving performance, with reduced fuel consumption and lower NVH.
The All New Camry Hybrid has been styled befitting a prestige sedan and is fully loaded with high end luxury features. In addition to the features available in the petrol Camry, the Camry Hybrid comes with more than 35 enhancements. The ride experience is heightened by an extremely quiet ride, the vehicle is almost soundless, especially when you start it. The high density dashboard silencer material, acoustic windshield glass and the E-CVT further brings down the engine noise and avoids sounds from outside, entering the car. Like its petrol counterpart, the Camry Hybrid offers best-in-class cabin space, derived from the impressively designed wide body.
The Camry Hybrid also introduces first in segment luxury features
– Power recline rear seat
– Rear armrest with controls for power recline rear seats, power sunshade for rear windshield, audio system and air conditioning
– 3 Zone Air conditioning facilitates individual temperature controls for the driver, front passenger and rear passenger, enabling perfect comfort for everyone
The All New Camry Hybrid is priced at 29,75,000/- (ex showroom Delhi) and is available in four vibrant colours – grey metallic, white pearl crystal shine ,silver metallic and attitude black.
Speaking about the introduction of The All New Camry Hybrid in India Mr. Hiroshi Nakagawa, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, TKM said “The Camry Hybrid is India’s first locally manufactured Hybrid vehicle. Manufacturing the Camry hybrid locally, in India, marks a very important milestone in the history of TKM and the Indian automobile industry. It is our endeavor to offer the best vehicles with most advanced technology to India. Toyota is a pioneer in Hybrid technology and thus we were very keen to manufacture the all New Camry Hybrid in India, as well. This is in line with Toyota’s global philosophy to encourage the use of hybrid vehicles across the globe, for a greener tomorrow. Manufacturing Camry hybrid locally will be yet another step towards Toyota’s global commitment.”
Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer, Marketing and Commercial, TKM added “Toyota Camry, the globally renowned flagship brand of Toyota is further strengthened in India with the introduction of All New Camry Hybrid. Toyota hybrid has a history of more than 15 years to its credit and over 5 million cars across the globe.
The New Camry petrol introduced last year has seen wide acceptance by our customers. To further reiterate Toyota’s commitment, we are extremely delighted to bring in the New Camry with hybrid technology to the Indian market. Our main objective behind introducing this product in India is to further generate awareness on hybrid technology amongst Indian customers.
The New Camry Hybrid is an ideal combination of a luxury sedan and hybrid technology. It is targeted at sophisticated and classy individuals who have accomplished a significant journey of achievement in their lives. The new Camry Hybrid will definitely distinguish our customers as responsible citizens. We are sure that the customers will be delighted by the All New Camry Hybrid, which has been launched at a very competitive price”.
• Hybrid Exclusive Radiator Grille & Bumper & Fog Lamp Bezel
• LED Headlamps
• Rear Fog Lamps
• 17” Alloy Wheels
• Auto Folding & Reverse Linked ORVM’s with Memory
• Hybrid Emblem & HSD Logo
• Acoustic Glass
• Power reclining rear seat
• 3 Zone Air-Conditioner
• Seat ventilation system front seats
• Hybrid exclusive Interior Ornamentation, Combimeter & Hybrid System Indicator
• Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column with Memory
• Driver seat position memory
• Power sunshade rear window & Manual sunshade for rear door windows
• Collapsible headrest for front passenger seat
• Assist grips adopted for front seat backs
• EC (Electro Chromic) Anti-glare mirror
• High Density Dashboard Silencer Material
• Accessory Connector on rear armrest
• Auto Power windows for All Seats
• 4 SRS Airbags
• Hill start assist control
• Vehicle Stability Control
• Traction Control
• Back Monitors + Corner Sensors
*As certified by test agencies under ideal conditions
For media queries and more information contact: